Our Goal is to implement projects and activities that help us achieve our mission.
Comprehensive Statewide Historic Preservation Plan (State Plan 2007-2011)s
To join the National program, and to continue receiving Historic Preservation Fund (HPF) Grants, Guam must update its NPS-approved State Plan every 5 years. The current plan will be updated in 2014.
The Dept. of Parks and Recreation is preparing to update the Guam Comprehensive Historic Preservation Plan by first gathering public comments on how Guam’s historic resources are to be preserved, protected, and presented to the community.
Click Here to View Questionnaire
Return Questionnaire to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
SHPO DesignationIn accordance with the National Historic Preservation Act (16 U.S.C. 470a), as amended, Eddie Baza Calvo, Governor of Guam, has designated Ms. Lynda Bordallo Aguon, Guam Historic Preservation Officer, Guam Historic Resources Division, Department of Parks and Recreation, a classified service employee of the Government of Guam, as the State Historic Preservation Officer. Ms. Aguon has been delegated authority to represent the government of Guam in carrying out the responsibilities specified in the Act, and in the regulations and administrative requirements established for implementation of that Act. This designation supersedes any contrary prior designations.
ProjectsThe Guam Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR), receives Historic Preservation Fund Grants from the U.S. Department of the Interior, to implement projects related to Historic Preservation. For Fiscal Year 2014, DPR proposes to implement the following:
- 66-14-001 Central Villages Guam Historical Architectural Survey (RFP to be advertised 2014)
- 66-14-002 Consultant GIS Expert/Professional
- 66-14-003 Survey, Tarzan Falls Surrounding Area (DPR In-house)
- 66-14-004 National Register Nomination, Pre-WWII U.S. Naval Cemetery (DPR In-house)
- 66-14-005 Guam SHPO Website Management
- 66-14-006 SHPO Server Development and Management, Phase II
- 66-14-007 Guam Historic Preservation Plan Update (RFP to be advertised 2014)
- 66-14-008 Consultant Osteologist